Examples and key achievements
Example of good practice: Imms & Vaccs and Cytology
Training up our own local nurses to provide Imms & Vaccs and Cytology updates allows us to:
- Monitor the quality of the update
- Put a more local slant on the training
- Work with the local labs and the Area Team
- Monitor significant events and include them in the update using them as a learning tool.
Key Achievements to Date
- Increased the number of reception and HCA apprentices in Primary Care
- Provided the Care Certificate and Career Pathway for HCA
- Increased the number of mentors in Primary Care in order to have student nurses and increase workforce.