In year one we have developed a work programme detailed below:
- Identify nursing skills gaps
- Facilitate training and education for student nurses
- Development network for Health Care Assistants
- Instil confidence to new practice nurses
- Increase skill base of existing practice nurses
- Provision of a Nurse bank
- Support Fundamentals course by providing Primary Care Nurses to deliver Imms & Vaccs and Cytology training.
Longer Term (Years 2 & 3)
During years two and three we will build on year one to:
- Develop models of care that enable the primary care workforce to expand
- Increase the workforce of GPs, pharmacists and paramedics
- Support programme to encourage a return to practice.